Prospective Sales Report is designed to calculate and graphically show an estimation of how many your company is likely to win in certain period of time in future.
1. Where can I find Prospective Sales Report?
Prospective Sales Report is displayed on the dashboard:
It can also be found in section Stats >> Win-Lost Analysis below the sales pipeline:
2. What data does the Prospective Sales Report show?
The Report shows estimations (based on calculations for the retrospective data) of how many leads your company is likely to win in the next:
- 60 days
- 120 days
- 180 days
These are the standard (default) periods of time. By using filters you can also get prospective sales for 5, 10 and 15 days. You can read about applicable filters below.
3. How are the estimations calculated?
Calculations of prospective sales are based on the following data:
- current number of active leads in each status of the pipeline
- number of leads in each status that were successfully won during the last 60, 120 and 180 days;
- time it took a lead in each status to get into status “Closed-won”
Let’s see how the number of prospective sales is calculated for a specific period of time – for example we will take 180 days (half a year):
- we calculate the number of leads that were in each of pipeline statuses during the last 180 days – all the leads are taken into account, no matter if they were successfully closed or lost;
- then we count the number of leads in each status that were won during the last 180 days;
- after that we calculate the share of won leads to the general number of them for the last 180 days. So the number we got in point 2 is divided by the number we got in point 1;
- we count current number of leads in each status, except for statuses that represent successful sale or losing of the lead (their default names are – “Closed – won” and “Closed – lost”;
- then we take current number of leads in each status (that we got in point 4) and multiply it by the corresponding share that we calculated in point 3.
- to get the final number of leads that would represent prospective sales for the next 180 days, we sum up numbers of leads for each status that we calculated on the previous step.
4. What filters are applied to the Prospective Sales Report?
Prospective Sales Report can be modified by filters, so that you get more specific forecast of sales – for example, prospective sales for a certain manager or group of managers or prospective sales for a certain type of lead (determined by a custom lead field).
1. by period of time
Using this filter, you can set the period of time on the basis of which prospective sales will be calculated. Meaning that, for example, if you choose “Last month”, when calculating prospective sales (as described in point 3) retrospective data for only the last month will be taken into account.
Please note that when filtering by period of time, forecasting time-frame will change depending on the chosen filter:
– for “Today”, “Past 3 days” and “Last week” prospective sales will be calculated for the period of the next 5 days
– for “Last month” prospective sales will be calculated for the periods of 5, 10 and 15 days:
– for “Last 6 months” prospective sales will be calculated for the priod of 20, 40 and 60 days:
– for custom period of time the time frame will depend on the length of this period of time and the same standard time frames will be applied as the ones listed for the above cases.
2. by user
If you’d like to know prospective sales for a certain manager or a certain department (in this case you will need to have a group of users created in amoCRM), you can apply filters by user:
1. to see the report for a specific manager:
Click on “Filter” >> “Users” >> choose the manager you need:
2. to get the report for a group of users:
Click on “Filter” >> “Users” >> Click on “Select everyone” under the group you need:
3. By custom field:
In case you need to built the report for the certain type of leads that have the same value of a lead custom field, you can do it in the Filter section.
All the custom fields of leads are listed below the field “Users” and above the field “Tags”:
In case you have a select type field, you can choose the desired value right in the filter:
4. By tag
In the filter section you can also choose for the report to be built only for those leads that have certain tag.
Go to Filter >> Tag (the last field) >> choose the tag you need: