In amoCRM you can export data on the leads, contacts and companies right from your account. Let’s see how it is done in detail.
On which plan is export available?
Export is available on all existing subscription plans. Moreover, if your subscription has expired, you can still export data from your account.
What rights does the user need to be assigned to be able to export data from amoCRM?
amoCRM users that are able to export data from the account:
- administrators of the account
- users that are allowed to export companies and/or contacts and/or leads
Administrator can assign rights to export data to any user. In order to do it, follow the steps below:
- go to section “Settings”
- Open section Users & Rights
- Choose the user and click on the edit icon (pencil)
Rights to export companies, contacts and leads are edited separately for each user. The following types of rights can be assigned:
- Allowed - the user can import all companies/contacts/leads
- All in group - the user can export leads/companies/contacts for which he/she is responsible and the data of other users that belong to the same group as he/she.
- If responsible - the user can export leads/companies/contacts for which he/she is responsible
- Denied - the user cannot export any data
What limits are imposed on export of data?
- not more than 500 leads/contacts/companies can be exported in one file
- tasks cannot be exported
- Events cannot be exported
- calls cannot be exported
- analytics cannot be exported
- if you export in CSV format then only 5 last Notes will be exported. In case of .xls format no limits are applied to the number of notes.
How to export contactsor companies
- Go to section Contacts
- Choose to display Contacts, or Companies or All - if you choose All, then contacts and companies will be exported together in the same file
- Click on “... MORE” in the upper right corner
- Choose Export from the drop-down list:
Next step is to choose the format in which data will be exported:
- Export in Excel - export in .xls format recognized by Microsoft Excel
- Export in CSV-file - type of Microsoft Excel formats, used to import data to different programs
- Export vCard - the format recognized by mobile devices
Important: You can click on “Export all found contacts” and all the contacts from the account will be downloaded. However there is a system limit imposed on the number of contacts/companies that can be exported at a time - not more than 500 units. If there are more than 500 contacts/companies in your account, then in order to export the whole data base you will need to click on each number displayed to the right from “Export all found contacts”. This way you will have several files with 500 contacts/companies in each.
How to export leads:
- Go to section “Leads”
- Click on “... MORE” in the upper right corner
- Click on “Export” in the drop-down window
Next step is to choose the format in which the data will be exported:
- Export in Excel - leads will be exported in .xls file recognized by Microsoft Excel
- Export in CSV-file - a type of format also recognized my Microsoft Excel and used to import data to different programs
Important: You can click on “Export all found leads” and all the leads from the account will be downloaded. However there is a system limit imposed on the number of leads that can be exported at a time - not more than 500 units. If there are more than 500 leads in your account, then in order to export the whole data base you will need to click on each number displayed to the right from “Export all found leads”. This way you will have several files with 500 leads in each.
What will be the result of export?
If you export contacts and/or companies from your amoCRM account, the result will be a file with the following columns:
- Type - shows whether it is a contact or a company
- Name - of the contact or company
- Company - shows the name of the company with which the contact is linked, or left blank if in this a line with the company
- Creation date - the date on which the company or contact was created
- Created by - user which created the contact or the company
- Modified at - the date when the contact or the company was modified the last time
- Modified by - the user who modified the contact or company last
- Tags - tags assigned to the contact/company
- Nearest To-do - shows the date of the next to-do for this contact/company
- Responsible user - the user assigned as responsible for this contact/company
- Leads - shows the leads that are linked to this contact/company
- Position, work phone, Email, Address, Web - standard and custom fields that you have for contact/company in your account
- MailChimp - will be exported in case integration with MailChimp is activated and shows if the contact is subscribed to a mailing campaign
- Notes - only those notes are exported which have been added by users. The system will create as many columns as the number of notes you have for the contact/company
- Custom fields - all the fields added optionally into your account will also be exported. Every column will be named after a custom field.
If you export leads from your account, then you will get a file with the following columns:
- Lead title
- Lead’s company - the name of the company that is linked to this lead
- Main contact - the contact linked with the lead. If there is a number of contacts linked to the lead, then the main contact will be the one created first, unless a user sets up manually otherwise
- Contact’s company - the name of the company linked with the main contact
- Lead resp. user - user responsible for the lead
- Lead status - status assigned to the lead
- Pipeline - the name of the pipeline in which the lead is located
- Sale - expected lead budget
- Date created - date on which the lead was created
- Created by - the user who created the lead
- Modified at - the date when the lead was modified the last time
- Modified by - the user who modified the lead last
- Lead Tags - tags assigned to the lead
- Nearest To-do - shows the date of the next to-do for this lead
- Closed at - the date when the lead was transferred to the status Closed-Won or Closed-Lost, or simply when the lead was closed. If the lead hasn’t been closed yet, then the value of this field will be “not closed”.
- Position, work phone, Email, Address, Web - standard and custom fields that you have for the main contact in your account
- Notes - only those notes are exported which have been added by users. The system will create as many columns as the number of notes you have for the lead
- Custom fields - all the fields added for the lead optionally will also be exported. Every column will be named after a custom field.
Exported file you can import into your amoCRM account. Please note that it is impossible to import tasks from excel.
Frequently asked questions:
In which encoding is the export done?
Export is done in UTF-8 and WIN- 1251
Why is there only a part of the notes and not all of them?
We have a limit in our system that in a CSV-file it is possible to export only 5 last notes. Export in .xls file doesn’t have such limits, in this format all the notes are exported.
How to export more than 500 units?
By default only 500 contacts, companies or leads are exported in one file. If your data base is bigger, then you need to do the following:
- go to section “Contacts” or “Leads”
- click on the button “... MORE”
- in the drop-down list chooose “Export”
- in the opened window click on each number that goes after the inscription “Export all found leads (contacts/companies)”
As a result you will download a number of files with 500 contacts/companies/leads in each of them.
On the screenshot below there is an example of how the Export window looks like when there are more than 500 leads in the account. In order to export 2 files you will need to click the numbers “1” and “2”.
How to export all the data:
Export of all the data from amoCRM account is not available - it is only possible to export contacts, companies and leads - 500 units at a time.
However, for the subscribers of the Enterprise plan full data back-up is available. If your account is subscribed to the Enterprise plan, then to activate data back-up you will need to do the following:
- go to section Settings
- open section Security
Here you can either choose to “Create a Backup now” (by clicking on the corresponding button) or set up automatic backup downloads every week or every month - in this case files with the backup data will be sent to your email address.
In the file that will be sent to you there will be all the data from your account, namely:
- all leads
- all contacts
- all companies
- all tasks
- all users
The data from the file is not intended to be imported back to the account and are only supposed to be saved at user’s end and to be viewed in Excel.
In secion Settings -> Security the date of the last backup is displayed:
How to export tasks?
It is impossible to export tasks from amoCRM account. However, you can download amoCRM app for iOS and Android and set up synchronization of tasks. In the app itself you can set up notifications about upcoming to-dos certian time before the due time.
It is also possible to set up synchronization with Google-calendar. In order to do that follow the instructions below:
- go to section Calendar
- then click on the button “...MORE” in the upper right corner
- choose Export from the drop-down list
The last option in the opened window will be synchronization with Google-calendar and the instructions of how it can be set up:
Important: After synchronization is set up, all existing to-dos will be imported to the Google-calendar. However please note that instant synchronization when new to-dos are added is not available. Google decides when to synchronize in accordance with its own settings, though it happens not less than once a day. Synchronization works only one way - from amoCRM to Google-calendar. Reverse synchronization is not available.
I don’t see closed leads in the file, why?
In most cases closed leads are not imported due to the fact that by default in the account only active leads are displayed - which means that leads with the statuses “Closed-won” and “Closed-lost” are not displayed.
In order to check that you’ll need to do the following:
- go to Leads section
- click on the Search and filter bar on top of the page
- open the list of statuses displayed
In case you see the same boxes ticked in the list of statuses, then you will need to do the following:
- tick the boxes of all the statuses
- apply filter
- close the filter options and click on “...MORE”
- choose Export from the drop-down list
After that you will be able to export all the leads that you have in the account.
Is it possible to export leads of a certain period of time or with a certain filter options applied?
Yes, it is possible. Apply the filter needed and choose the period of time you need. After that export the leads following standard instructions given above.
I installed the app on my mobile phone. In the account I do not have rights to export data, but the app is synching it. Why?
Limits on export are applied only in the browser version of thw program. However, if you use the app, all the data that is available for your user within the scope of assigned rights will be displayed there.
In order to prevent the user from synching data into his mobile device, administrator of the account can apply restrictions via API - it can be set up the following way:
- go to section Settings
- click on Security
- turn on option “Filtering access to the API”:
Important: Activated option “Filtering access to the API” means that any access to your account via API will be blocked. Therefore, not only access to the data via mobile app will be blocked, but there will also be no access to most of the extensions (which means that these extensions will no longer work).
I don’t see Export option in my account. Why?
It means that the administrator of the account has limited your access to export option. For more information please apply to the administrator of your account.
Is there any way to export reports from Analytics in pdf via API?
There is no such option, even via the API.
How to add a column with the name of the linked Company while exporting Contacts?
If you export contacts, the column “Company” will be added automatically with the name of the company that is linked to this contact.
How to download the region where the company is located together with the name of the company?
While exporting companies and/or contacts, in the file you will find the column “Address” with the info on the region. If the region is entered in the separate field, then such a column will also be in your file.
How to export files for further print out?
After you download the files with imported data, open it in Microsoft Excel, go to File and then choose Print from the drop-down list.
Is it possible to export data from the mobile app?
No, export from mobile app is not available.
Is it possible to set up exporting data automatically at a fixed time?
There is no such option available. Export is done only manually. However, you can set up receiving backup data copies on your email - read more on this above.
Is it possible to export data from amoCRM and then import it to other systems?
Absolutely. You can export in Excel format and then import the file in any other system that supports import of Excel files.