There are 2 ways of how email can be integrated with amoCRM:
- complete email integration
- integration via cc/bcc logic
With complete email integration you will see all the sent and received emails from the integrated mailbox in amoCRM uploaded as unqualified leads or attached to the corresponding contact or lead.
CC/BCC logic basically means that you will see in amoCRM only those emails which are cc’ed, bcc’ed to your virtual amoCRM email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Emails sent with this virtual address will appear in amoCRM as unqualified leads or attached to the contact’s/lead’s card as well.
How to set up complete email integration:
1. Go to the Settings section, then to “Email integration”. Note that only users with the rights of administrator can do the integration.
2. Enter the email you wish to integrate and password of this email (see 1 on the screenshot below). In case your email is registered with a popular domain (gmail, yahoo, etc.) no other settings will be required. In case you’ve got your mailbox on some other domain, you will also need to enter your IMAP server address and choose the port (see 2 on the screenshot).
In case you integrate a gmail mailbox, most likely you will have to set up 2-Step Verification in your Google account. In that case just follow the instructions below:
- in Google account settings turn on 2-Step Verification
- Activate 2-Step Verification
You will need to enter your mobile phone number with which your account will be associated (or will be associated after authentication is set up). A text message with a code that you'll need to enter on the next step of the setup will be sent to the indicated number.
After the code is verified, Google will check reliability of your device and complete the setup.
- Integrate email to amoCRM account
In Google account settings, section "Sign-in & security" you will need to create a password for integration with amoCRM. To do this go to section "Apps passwords" and create a password for amoCRM.
Choose Other, then amoCRM to generate password.
After you click on the button "Generate" Google will generate a password for signing in to your mailbox in amoCRM.
You will need to enter this password in amoCRM mail integration settings.
3. Choose whether you’d like amoCRM to create a contact for all email-addresses with which you previously had correspondence via the integrated mailbox. In case you do, then tick the box “Automatically create a contact for all email addresses which conducted correspondence” (see the screenshot below).
Then press the button save and amoCRM will start uploading emails from the mailbox. Please note that upon integration of the email not all emails from the integrated mailbox will be uploaded to amoCRM - only the last emails that were sent and received within the previous 30 days (but not more that 500 emails in total).
Once you completed the integration, you will see the number of synchronized emails and date and time of the last synchronization. Plus a new section Mail will appear on the lefthand menu bar. Section Mail is currently available only for the users that have rights of administrator. The number is the red circle will show how many unread emails you have in the mailbox:
In the Mail section you will see the list of emails from the integrated mailbox:
- Inbox section shows all incoming emails (1 on the screenshot below)
- Sent section shows all the emails that were sent from the user’s mailboxes (with which users of the account log in to amoCRM) - 2 on the screenshot below
- Deleted section - shows the emails that were deleted in your mailbox - 3 on the screenshot below
- Read/unread status is not synchronized between amoCRM and your mailbox - if you read an email in amoCRM it won’t be automatically marked as read in your mailbox and vice versa;
- If you delete an email in amoCRM, it will not be deleted in your mailbox.
There are a few things you can do with the emails in the Mail section:
- mark email as read - you can do that for a number of emails simultaneously - just tick the boxes of the emails you wish to mark as read and click on “mark as read”:
2. Add contact - you can create a contact for your correspondent by ticking the box of the email and clicking on “Add contacts”. amoCRM will create a contact taking the name and email from chosen email. In case your correspondent has a phone number in the signature, amoCRM will also add this into new contact information. After the contact is created, the email will show up in the contact card as a note:
All emails sent to this contact or received from contact’s email address will then be automatically uploaded to contact’s card as notes. If you click on the subject line of the email, the whole email will open in the new window showing full thread of emails:
3. Add lead - you can create a lead after choosing the email and clicking on the option “Add lead” - subject line will be the name of the lead. After the lead is created, chosen email will show up in lead’s card as a note (the same way as in contact card).
4. Delete email - choose an email you’d like to delete from amoCRM by ticking corresponding box and click on “delete”. Please note, that by deleting an email from amoCRM you do not delete emails from your mailbox. If you wish to restore deleted emails, go to the section Deleted, choose an email and click on “Restore”:
amoCRM will sync the emails every 5-10 minutes, however you can launch synchronization by clicking on the button “Update” in section Mail:
How it works:
When you send an email to or receive an email from the email address not registered yet in your amoCRM account, a new lead will show up in the Unqualified section. You can create a lead right from the Unqualified section of the pipeline by dragging and dropping the lead into the needed status:
A new lead and a new contact will be created from the information in the email. The email itself will be attached to contact’s and lead’s card as a note (the same way it was described earlier).
In case email is sent or received from an email already existing in amoCRM, then this email will be attached to the corresponding contact’s card as a note.
If you reply to an email not registered in amoCRM, then an unqualified lead will be automatically converted into a lead in the first status of your pipeline.
How to use CC/BCC logic:
This way of integration is designed for users who don't want to see all the correspondence in the amoCRM account. For this kind of integration to work you will need to put your amoCRM account virtual email address in CC or BCC field of the email you send.
Where to find amoCRM account virtual email address?
The email address required to CC/BCC can be found in section Settings -> Email Integration:
If you need to write an email to a client already registered in amoCRM, you can launch your mail agent right from amoCRM interface:
- set up protocol handlers for mailto types - can be set up in browser settings. For example in Chrome browser you will need to launch browser settings, then go to Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings -> Handlers -> Manage handlers and choose the website to which you will be redirected in case you click on mailto type link..
- in amoCRM account go to contact’s card and click on the email of the chosen contact and press Mail:
Then, in accordance with the mailto handlers settings, your chosen mail client will open and your amoCRM account vitrual address will be automatically added in CC.
If you wish for all the incoming emails to be uploaded to amoCRM, then you can set up a rule in your mail client that all mail will be forwarded to your amoCRM virtual email address.
Otherwise, only those incoming emails, in which your correspondent chose “reply to all” (and, consecuently, amoCRM virtual email address was CC’ed/BCC’ed), will be uploaded to amoCRM.
The email will NOT be attached to the Contact, IF:
- Your integrated email is not cc'ed or indicated incorrectly in CC field
- Your account is on free subscription (not the same as trial period)
- You're sending an email to yourself or to your manager to the email address already registered in your account
- There is no contact with such email address in your account - in this case the email will only appear in the emai list in Mail section
- You are sending an email from the email address which is not registered to any of the users of your account
- the size of attachements to the email is more than 10 MB
- You have reached the file storage limit (in this case the email will be uploaded without the attachements)
If you do not want some of the letters from your Inbox to be imported:
The amoCRM system recognizes only two boxes: “Inbox” and “Sent Mail”. If you don’t want some of the letters to be imported, then you should do it through your mailbox. You need to create a rule in your mailbox that the certain letters will go not to “Inbox”, but directly to another box (e.g. Spam).
How to customize you e-mail template:
If you want to add image in your e-mail template, you can use the html-tag <img src="link_on_image">, where link_on_image is a link for the image, that you want to add. At the current moment, it is not possible to add attachments in e-mail template. However, you can add the link on the attachment from the http://dropbox.com and your clients will be able to download it from this site.